Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School 2008



I cannot believe I am old enough to have a first grader. He is so Mr. Independent! I drove him to school and walked him to his classroom, he sat down and said "Bye Mom." I couldn't believe it. So I hung around only cause I'm nosey and wanted to know what he was going to do in first grade and then I decided it was time to let go and let him be a big boy! Then I went and took care of a couple things and we started walking to the car and then Ashlyne had a fit. She kept screaming, "I want my Aiden!" All day long she kept asking if it was time to pick him up yet cause she's only used to him being away for 3 hours. 6 hours is great though, I got to be with just my girls for 6 hours and I get to that every day! When I went to pick him up I asked him what he'd done all day and he said he couldn't remember! What a good first day I guess! But he did tell me that he get so eat in the cafeteria and have 2 recess'. He is enjoying himself and loving the class and the Teacher!

2 comments:

Heather said...

This post totally made me cry! I love your son! And Ashlyne, "I want my Aiden!"... so sweet!

Carrilyne said...

My kids always tell me they can't remember when I ask them what they did at school! So funny!